INTRODUCING . . .
Tell City Church of Christ: is an independent church committed to a plea for unity among believers in Christ Jesus; to a purpose-to draw all men unto Christ Jesus, who is our Savior and Lord; to a plan-to restore the centrality of the New Testament faith and practice; and to a program designed by Scripture.
We plead for the unity of all believers in Christ. This was our Lord’s ideal for His church (John 17:21).
The reason unity is necessary is “that they all may believe that you have sent me: (John 17:21). The Commission given by Jesus (Matthew 28:19,20) establishes our existence:
to make disciples and to teach men to observe all that our Lord commanded.
Our only course is to return to the New Testament pattern of faith and practice; to restore the church revealed there as it was without human additions, subtractions, or practices. This we strive for to the best of our ability, as we understand God’s word and seek His counsel, wisdom, and direction.
To accomplish God’s will for the church, our ministry works this way:
* To exalt Christ as the Son of God, Philippians 2:9-11
* To uphold Jesus Christ as our only Savior, I Cor. 15:1-4
* To declare Jesus as Sovereign Lord, Colossians 2:15-18
* To proclaim the Good News gospel alone, Colossians 1:28
* To adopt no rule of faith and practice but the Bible, I Timothy 3:16-17
* To wear no name but the one in the Bible for the followers of Christ—“Christian”, Acts 11:26
* To practice the ordinances established by Christ—one is baptism (immersion) of the penitent believer (Acts 2:38) and the second is a weekly observance of the Lord’s Supper as a simple memorial of our Lord’s death and resurrection for our salvation, I Cor. 11:23-30; Acts 20:7
* To worship in spirit and truth, John 4:23, 24
* To foster Christian fellowship, Acts 2:42
* To equip believers to carry on a faithful ministry, Ephesians 4:11-16
* To be a “family” church, where the God-given role for each family member is outlined and lived for the glory of God and preservation of the family unit in our society, Eph. 5:21-6:4
* To be a missions minded church, Acts 1:7; 13:1-3
This we believe to be a platform all believers can accept, for it is as broad as the New Testament and as narrow as the “faith once and for all delivered to the saints.”